This workshop is for Java Developers and features several labs that walk you through the steps to build efficient native executables of Spring Boot applications with the GraalVM Native Image. Each lab is self-contained and covers one aspect of GraalVM Native Image Technology.
1. Installing GraalVM Native Image as Version 21.3
2. Compile a simple application with GraalVM Native Image
3. Assisted configuration for GraalVM Native Image
4. Class initialization strategy for GraalVM Native Image
5. Deployment and Runtime options for GraalVM Native Image
6. Garbage Collector and Memory Management for GraalVM Native Images
7. Profile guided Optimizations for GraalVM Native Image
8. Creating a simple Spring Boot application
• Preparing Spring Boot for the GraalVM Native Image
• Classpath scan from runtime to build time
• Proxies, autoconfiguration, start-class element setup
• Verify configuration variables for native-image command
• Build the application, expand the jar-file and classpath configuration
• Run the GraalVM Native Image command
This 90-minute workshop will include a brief presentation, Q&A, and hands-on coding session with experts from Oracle.