Pi Day 2023: Zero to Cloud Native Application in 60 Minutes
In this hands-on session, developers will set-up a cloud native application in about the same amount of time to bake a pie! We’ll walk through getting a WordPress service set up in containers on OCI Ampere A1 compute. We’ll also give insights into this bake-off about power savings and how that translates into the real world.
In this session, you will learn:
- How to deploy a complex multi-container application using docker-compose to an Ampere A1 instance on OCI
- A basic overview of building an application with Docker containers
- How to use nginx as a reverse proxy for a web application
- How to configure and initialize a MySQL database when starting a database instance
- How to improve the performance of a WordPress instance by using a Redis instance as a PHP object store