Oracle IDC Webinar: Digital Transformation is No Longer Just an Option
Join Oracle and IDC to learn about key trends shaping digital transformation across Africa
May 20, 2020
11:00 AM (GMT+2) South Africa Time
Duration: 1 hour
Digital Transformation Addresses Strategic Objectives
DX covers a variety of technologies including emerging solutions such artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning, blockchain, and the internet of things (IoT).
Implementing a digital transformation that targets business challenges and addresses strategic objectives is crucial to organizational success. According to IDC:
- 57% of organizations in Africa are accelerating existing DX efforts, while 45% are continuing with DX initiatives as planned.
- Demand for increased mobile data consumption is spiking as networks experience infrastructure strain due to extraordinary traffic.
- Enterprises are expected to adopt less capex-intensive models such as on-demand services with increased adoption of hosted, managed, and/or software-defined services.
- Production and supply chain transformation across logistics-based industries such as mining, energy, manufacturing, transportation, retail, and trade are being fast-tracked.
- Customer digital services scale-up as distribution-and-delivery transformation in the retail, trade, and hospitality industries are accelerating.
- Financial institutions are scaling up migration of services to digital platforms, increasing investments in contactless customer engagement, and improving efficiencies using cloud, robotics, and AI.
- Adoption of mobility, AI, cloud, IoT, and big data is increasing.
Headline 2LN, 12WC
DX is no longer just an option—every enterprise and organization must now prioritize its efforts in this area to remain competitive and better serve their constituents.
Join Mark Walker, IDC's associate vice president of vertical industries for the Middle East and Africa, for a deep dive into the shifting landscape reshaping DX across Africa. During this enlightening presentation, Mark will also share best practices for prioritizing technology spend to align with DX strategies.
Associate Vice President, South Africa
Mark Walker currently leads the Vertical Market and Insights research and consulting practice at IDC MEA. He has over 25 years of experience in the information technology and telecommunications industry. He is responsible for leading consulting, research, and analyses of technology markets across the Middle East, Africa, and Turkey, along with analysis of the larger politico-socio-economic environment in which these markets exist. His current focus includes the government, financial, and energy sectors.
HCM Sales Dev & Strategy Leader - Africa
Ronnie Toerien is the HCM Development & Strategy Leader for Africa at Oracle where he has worked for the past 16 years. Ronnie has over 25 years HR experience in implementation, support, pre-sales, consulting and HR strategy across multiple HR systems. He is also part of the Oracle Global Luminaries programme as the HCM thought leadership representative for Eastern and Central Europe, Middle East and Africa. In his role, Ronnie is regularly invited to present at Talent Management events and has been an HCM keynote speaker at numerous Oracle events.
Senior Director of Applications Marketing
Elaine Murphy is a visionary marketing and communications professional with 30 years’ experience in Information Technology. Currently based in Dubai, she is Senior Director of Marketing for Oracle Applications across 105 countries in the Middle East, Africa, Turkey, Eastern Europe, and Russia. Elaine’s career spans five continents having worked in Australia, Canada, Kenya, South Africa, Turkey, and the UAE. She has a reputation for strategic vision and excellence demonstrated through international award-winning marketing campaigns.